This standard is concerned with the classification of areas where flammable gas or vapor or mist hazards may arise and may then be used as a basis to support the proper selection and installation of equipment for use in a hazardous area.
It is intended to be applied where there may be an ignition hazard due to the presence of flammable gas or vapor, mixed with air under normal atmospheric conditions, but it does not apply to
- mines susceptible to firedamp;
- the processing and manufacture of explosives;
- areas where a hazard may arise due to the presence of combustible dusts or fibres (refer to IEC 61241-10 / IEC ANSI/ISA-60079-10-2);
- catastrophic failures which are beyond the concept of abnormality dealt within this standard;
- rooms used for medical purposes;
- domestic premises.
- ANSI Approved
- Number of Pages: